Where to Stay in Bali: Luxury Villa or Hotel?
The location and type of accommodation you choose when booking your next Bali holiday can be a game changer in your whole experience. Whether you are looking for an intimate space with independence or a prime location with all services included, there are a number of things to consider when choosing your dream travel accommodation on the island.
Some of the most popular luxury accommodation options are villas and hotels. Both offer impeccable rooms, attentive staff and a wide range of services. However, they usually offer different location, design styles, and room types. Both hotels and villas have distinctive features worth considering when booking a holiday, especially if you haven’t experienced both types of accommodation before.
To make it easier, we’ve highlighted some of the main pros and cons of each option:
- Location: Hotels are usually found in prime locations. Typically on the beachfront and in close proximity to local attractions like restaurants, bars, and spas. A short walk will take you to the centre of attractions and entertainment, which makes it convenient if you enjoy a fast-paced travel itinerary.
- Amenities & Facilities: To accommodate a large number of guests, hotels offer a range of facilities including shared swimming pool, gyms, night shows, restaurants, bars, and spas. This makes it convenient and accessible if you are looking for a one size fits all style of accommodation. Everything is in one place so you can do your morning training, jump in the pool, have a few drinks and enjoy a show before heading to bed without having to go anywhere else.
- Service: In a hotel, service is operational 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and caters for pretty much everything. A large number of staff will be available for any of your requests, whether it is room service, kids care, excursion bookings or bike hires.
- Design: Luxury hotels typically offer a modern but conventional room design. Rooms often include a queen size bed, cabinetry, and bathroom with a clean and sophisticated look. They are complemented by similarly designed living and outdoor areas, for an overall luxurious but simple appearance. Hotels are perfect if you are looking for a standardised accommodation type.
- Location: Villas are usually located in quieter locations and away from the hustle bustle of busy, main roads. Here you can enjoy a more peaceful and tranquil space surrounded by lush vegetation and a few acres of untouched land. You can find yourself in the middle of a jungle, next to a deserted lagoon or on the outskirts of a small village. For those who love an authentic naturalistic setting, villas are the way to go.
- Amenities & Facilities: Villas only typically offer a handful of rooms, complimented by spacious living areas. These will usually include kitchen facilities, an office and pool access – just like a home away from home! Villas are the perfect option for couples or small group of friends who wish enjoy the intimacy of sharing a whole complex to themselves. You are free to cook your own meals or can choose to have your personal chef whip up local delicacies or your home favourites. Daily activities are enjoyed in the privacy of a peaceful space and away from the crowds. Yes, you can have the whole pool to yourself!
- Service: Enjoy the attentive care and friendliness of a small team of resident staff. During your stay, you will be interacting with the same people and have the chance to get to know the team more personally. This allows for a more personalised and intimate experience. You won’t be treated like a number, you will be an organic part of life at the villa.
- Design: What really distinguishes villas from any other accommodation types is the unique and luxurious interior and exterior designs. Hand carved wooden doors, middle eastern furniture and locally sourced pieces of art are some of the unique features you could discover. A place where you just stop, look around and appreciate the design and luxury you are in.
Enough information? Hopefully, this gives you a better idea of the various key features each accommodation option has to offer. Keeping all of these in mind, you can now better assess your next holiday destination by choosing the option that best suits your needs and expectations!
If you’re interested in a villa experience in Bali, come and stay with us on the island of Nusa Lembongan, only 30 minutes boat ride from mainland Bali. An unspoilt paradise, away from the hustle and bustle of Bali. Interested to find out more? Take a tour of the villa here or make your booking below: