Ok, so you’ve done the hard part and booked your place to stay on Nusa Lembongan, but now you have something new at the top of your “Things-to-do” list – How to get to Nusa Lembongan from Bali?
9 times out of ten your accommodation provider on Lembongan will offer to organise your return transfers from Bali. For peace of mind and ease of use, I’d recommend this option. You still have to pay on the day but at least that way you are all organised!!
At last count, there were 5 Ferry companies making 17 crossings/day, so if you want to make your own way to where the boats depart from in Sanur (type “Rocky Lembongan Fast Cruise Harbour” into Google Maps and this is where all the boats leave from), you’ll never be too far away from departing.
All 5 Ferry companies offer a SIMILAR SERVICE, but please make sure you double-check with your accommodation provider on Nusa Lembongan or whichever boat service you have organised independently that the ticket price includes ALL your transfers.
When I say your ticket price should include ALL transfers I am talking about the following:
Being picked up from wherever you are staying in Bali and delivered right to the doorstep of your accommodation on Nusa Lembongan…..and unless you decide to stay forever the same service is included in the return journey.
The following areas are for pick up/return and should be included in the ticket price you will get:
- Nusa Dua and Jimbaran areas
- Ubud (pick up is outside the Dirty Duck Restaurant. Anywhere else there is a small surcharge)
- The boat company will require your flight details.
- Please note the last boat for Nusa Lembongan is 17.30pm and Rocky Fast Cruise has a cut-off pick up time of 15.00pm (3 pm).
- We can organise a private car to pick you up after this time but there is an extra fee for this.
- All other areas there is a small surcharge.
- After your boat company have picked you up they will take you to their office in Sanur to pay for your return transfers.
- This is also where the boat departs from (Credit card payment has a 3% surcharge).
- The boat departs and arrives on the beach so it’s a good idea to dress accordingly.
- Due to the large tidal movement, there are no jetties at either Sanur, Bali or on Lembongan so getting on/off the boat is done from the beach and will involve you getting up to your knees wet.
- As we use Rocky’s their friendly staff will load/unload your luggage and assist you on/off the boat.
If you fancy the cheapest option to get to Nusa Lembongan from Bali then there is the Public Boat:
- This boat is usually available from about 07.00 am and in normal weather conditions takes at least 1 hour.
- As this is the cheapest way to get there you will be squeezed in with whatever other cargo is making its way to Nusa Lembongan so expect anything from live chickens to bags of cement.
- There are various different boats of size and capacity up to about 50 people and the boat won’t leave until capacity is reached.
- The public boat leaves further down the beach (Jl.Sanur Beach Street Walk) from where the fast boats leave. So, closer to the Grand Inna Bali Beach Hotel.
- The Price is about 150,000 Rp. One way.
Another way to get to Nusa Lembongan from Bali is via helicopter with Air Bali.
- The price for this service is 4,400,000 Rp./Person (roughly $385.00 AUD as of 20.01.18).
- Transfers are confirmed with a minimum of 4 passengers and the journey takes approximately 15 minutes.
- All passengers and bags will be weighed prior to boarding the aircraft.
- The total payload available when chartering the helicopter is a combination of passengers, baggage and cargo expressed as the total payload available in kilograms.
- Luggage sizes are based upon 55cmx40cmx20cm dimensions and max 23kg per piece.
- Larger items must be arranged with Air Bali Helicopter prior to the flight.
- Maximum weight allowable for passengers and baggage is 380kg.
- Excess luggage may be stored at Air Bali Helicopter facilities free of charge.
Please be advised that we always use and recommend our good friends at Rocky Fast Cruise.
Oh….and just in case you are a bit worried about the boat trip as you’ve read some stories on TripAdvisor can I please put your mind at ease and say we’ve never seen anything untoward happening in the 5 years we’ve been travelling back and forth with Rocky.
Additionally, if you’re thinking you might be prone to a bit of seasickness……well, the boat ride will be over before you know it so you won’t have time to get sick (it takes 30 minutes)….and honestly, it’s rarely that rough anyway….but just in case, simply click HERE to download our Free (no Sign-up) infographic with some tips on how to best avoid feeling queasy.
If you’ve booked to stay at 353 Degrees North, Kiri our Operations Manager, will be getting in contact very shortly to offer her services, taking out all the guesswork and getting the “How to get to Nusa Lembongan from Bali” question answered hassle free….oh and I should add that the price Kiri will give you is the same as it is if you were to organise it yourself.
Why do we use and recommend Rocky Fast Cruise?
- All of Rocky’s boats are skippered by fully accredited captains and crew.
- All passengers are seated.
- All boats are equipped with:
- Life Rafts
- Life Jackets
- Ring Buoys
- Fire Extinguishers
- 3 in 1 GPS system
- Marine Vhf radio
- Full Insurance Cover
- First Aid Kit
- 4 Years in a row they have earned a Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor (2015, 16, 17 and 18).
I hope that answers any questions or queries you may have had for getting you and your family/friends to Nusa Lembongan from Bali.
If you need more information or have anything else you want to know, please feel free at all times to contact us via email at:
We are always happy to help with all things Nusa Lembongan whether you are staying with us or not.
Thanks…and we wish you a fantastic vacation on Nusa Lembongan.